When a biohazard occurs, it is important to take immediate action to minimize the spread of any hazardous materials or pathogens and to protect both individuals and the surrounding environment. Some steps to consider when a biohazard occurs include:
- Isolate the area: Restrict access to the affected area to prevent the spread of any hazardous materials or pathogens.
- Call for professional help: Contact a professional biohazard cleanup company or the relevant authorities for assistance.
- Wear protective gear: If you must enter the affected area, wear appropriate protective gear, such as gloves, masks, and gowns, to reduce your exposure to any hazardous materials or pathogens.
- Avoid spreading the hazard: Do not touch or disturb any affected materials, and avoid spreading the hazard to other areas or individuals.
- Follow proper disposal procedures: Do not attempt to clean up or dispose of any hazardous materials or waste generated during the biohazard event unless you are properly trained and equipped to do so.
It is important to take biohazards seriously and to follow proper protocols to minimize the risk of injury, illness, or environmental damage. In most cases, it is recommended to leave the cleanup and decontamination to a professional biohazard cleanup company such as GFM.
GFM restoration professionals are licensed, insured, and certified to remediate biohazard environments safely and in accordance with all applicable laws and standards. We understand that some events may be sensitive and must be handled with compassion and discretion. We bring a sense of calm back to those impacted, whether the loss is in a commercial property or business office.
When a commercial property becomes the scene of a crime or traumatic event, the aftermath could pose a risk to both staff and guests due to exposure to biohazards such as blood and bodily fluids. It is important to eliminate all traces of these biohazards as soon as possible to reduce the risk of illness or disease transmission.
A team of GFM experts with specialized training and equipment will properly clean, disinfect, and decontaminate the affected areas.
GFM helps to ensure that the commercial property is safe for staff and guests to return to and that any potential health risks are eliminated. Additionally, GFM is knowledgeable about local and state regulations and can ensure that all proper procedures are followed to minimize any legal or environmental liabilities.
GFM Hazardous Response cleanup services typically include the following:
- Crime scene cleanup: Cleaning and decontaminating areas where a crime has taken place, including blood and bodily fluids.
- Trauma scene cleanup: Cleaning and decontaminating areas where a traumatic event has occurred, such as a death or accident.
- Hoarding cleanup: Cleaning and decontaminating homes where an excessive amount of clutter and waste has accumulated, often presenting a biohazard risk.
- Lab cleanup: Cleaning and decontaminating properties used as illegal drug labs, where hazardous chemicals and waste are present.
- Sewage backup cleanup: Cleaning and decontaminating areas affected by a sewage backup, can contain harmful bacteria and pathogens.
- Mold remediation: Removing and cleaning up mold, which can pose a health risk if not properly managed.
- Industrial accident cleanup: Cleaning and decontaminating areas affected by industrial accidents, including spills and releases of hazardous materials.
These services typically involve the use of protective gear and equipment, as well as proper disposal methods for any hazardous materials or waste generated during the cleanup process.